LambdaTest – Cross-Browser Testing Tool – DevstringxDeepak Gautam
LambdaTest is a Cross Browser Testing Cloud. It allows testers and developers to do cross-browser testing on 100+ browsers and Operating Systems in different resolutions of screen. Also, It allows testing on the latest mobile phones and desktop browsers on the cloud.
What Is Cross-Browser Testing?
Cross Browser Testing is non-functional testing. It helps to ensure our website or web application works as expected in various web browsers. We can perform cross-browser testing on different browsers in both manual and automated ways. For manual testing, we create tests for each browser and execute them manually on each browser. For automated testing, we create Selenium tests with multiple conditional statements that execute test cases based on a specified browser type.
Key Features of LambdaTest
- Browser Compatibility Testing: We can perform browser compatibility testing on desktop and mobile browsers, on browser versions, and on different OS, and we can simply change screen resolution in the mid of a session by just selecting the required resolution and our browser will be resized as per our selected resolution.
- Latest Desktop Browsers Testing: We can perform testing on all the latest browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, IE, Edge, and Safari.
- Testing On Different Mobile Devices: It supports a huge range of iPhones, and iPads on different iOs versions, and also in android phones on the latest Android versions.
- Screenshot Testing: We can get full-paged screenshots within a seconds by selecting the configurations using the LambdaTest automated screenshots feature.
- Testing The Responsiveness of All Sizes of Screen: We can check the responsiveness of our website with just a single click across different screen sizes. We can also check the responsiveness of our locally hosted websites using LambdaTest Secure Shell Tunnel.
- Testing on Locally Hosted Pages: We can also perform testing on locally or privately hosted pages on the LambdaTest cloud platform with the help of Lambda Tunnel even before launching on live servers.
- Smart Visual Regression Test: We can solve issues related to icon size, padding, color, layout, text, and element position by doing smart visual regression testing on our layout.
- LambdaTest Inbuilt Issue Tracker: It comes with an inbuilt issue tracker. We can use Lamda test inbuilt issue tracker to assign, track, share bugs, and export to pdf. Also, we can log issues instantly during test sessions. We can share the issues via email, slack or directly log it in different bug tracking tools.
- We can perform Continuous Testing with Continuous Integration tools. Like – Jenkins, Codeship, Continua, Cruise Control, TeamCity, BuildDot, Bamboo, Solano CI, CircleCI, Travis CI
Pricing of LambdaTest
LambdaTest offers four plans for users to choose from.
1. Solo plan: $15 per month (Billed annually)
2. Pro plan: $25 per month (Billed annually)
3. Enterprise plan: Customised one
4. Lite plan: It is free and we can use the tool for 12 minutes. It can use limited stuff (Such as limited categories of mobile phones, limited browsers, and their limited versions, etc.) using this plan.
LambdaTest Tool Registration
- Open this link:- https://www.lambdatest.com
- Register with your email address or you can sign up using Gmail.
Recommended to Read- Most Popular Tools for Test Automation In 2023
Manual Web App Testing with LambdaTest
We can perform several types of manual cross-browser testing with LambdaTest. Here’s each testing technique in detail:
1. Real-Time Cross Browser Testing –
This testing allows testing the web applications across multiple combinations of browsers and operating systems on different mobile phones and desktops.
2. Visual UI Testing with LambdaTest –
We perform visual testing of a web application in the following ways:
- Screenshot Testing
- Responsive Testing
- Smart Visual Testing
A) Screenshot Testing with LambdaTest –
It allows taking multiple screenshots (25 screenshots) on different desktops and mobile device configurations in a single session.
B) Responsive Testing With LambdaTest –
This will allows for performing responsive testing of the website or application. With LambdaTest responsive testing, we can check, how the website appears on different screen sizes and devices.
C) Smart Visual UI Testing –
It helps to find common visual issues in applications or websites like icon size, font style, padding, text size, images, etc. LambdaTest Smart visual testing will clarify the difference between two or more images at a time with color change, and then allow you to mark the bugs, move it to a bug management tool, or edit it and leverage it in many other ways.
Integrate the LambdaTest
LambdaTest has a unique and very important feature of integration with third-party apps. With LambdaTest we can perform web application testing and then raise the issue or bug to another application like
If you are interested in even more software testing-related articles and information from us here at Devstringx, then we have a lot to choose from.