Benefits of the Test Automation – DevstringxDeepak Gautam
In today’s time test automation is a necessity, and automating the testing process is essential. Test automation if done correctly will provide many benefits and can provide huge RoI (Return on Investment). Automation testing not only is helpful in regression testing but also will reduce your pain in day-to-day feature testing.
Key Benefits of Test Automation
- Quick Feedback
- Automated testing will help in reducing the turnaround time from the testing team to the development team. If the automated testing job is set up in the CI pipeline then it will help the developer to get feedback on build health at the time of build development itself.
- High RoI
- Many organization holds back on automated testing as the initial investment is on the higher side but it is a proven fact that in the long-term return on investment will be very high as test cycle time will be considerably reduced and quality will be significantly improved.
- Increased Test Coverage
- It helps in improving the test coverage considerably, you can run more automated tests in any given test cycle duration as compared to manual testing. One can run the tests simultaneously on different browsers, OS, and devices which will help in achieving higher test coverage.
- Early Defect Detection
- Automation testing helps in the identification of defects in the initial stages of software development which keeps the cost of fixing defect low as compared to fixing the defect which is identified in later stages of software development.
- Test scripts are mostly reusable, same can be executed on different versions of the application, on different browsers, etc.
- Unattended Execution
- Human is not required to watch the tests running once started automated test can execute on their own. Many organization uses nightly build jobs to execute the regression tests.
- Automation tests perform the same operations precisely every time when executed thereby eliminating human errors which can occur if tests are executed manually.
Read Also – Most Popular Tools for Test Automation